Tuesday

Piazza de Michelangelo


Monday, April 4

Because of the Italian’s strange and unpredictable business hours, the Boboli Gardens were closed today. Otherwise, we would have gone back to spend the day there again. Instead, Maggie, Lindsay, and I made plans to spend some time in the Piazza de Michelangelo. The “hike” up to the top of this piazza gets a lot of hype. It is just an obnoxiously steep set of stairs… not really a hike. Lets be serious though, it is a bitch. It’s only about a five minute climb, but we were sweating and flush faced by the end of it. The extensive view of Florence is worth every painful step. You can see everything… the Duomo, the Ponte Vecchio, Santa Croce, and even our very own Piazza de la Signoria!!

I packed a little picnic lunch- banana, yogurt, and strawberries. Yurrrm! I also packed my Italian homework, but that activity was very short lived. Between the chitchat, the scenery, and the sunny weather, Italian verb conjugations just could not hold my attention.

We saw Ali getting her power walk on in the piazza so she joined our powwow on the steps too! Unfortunately, I had an Italian class to attend so our afternoon was cut short. That, and the fact that the stone steps were making my butt fall asleep. Either way, we started our climb back down to the streets of Firenze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment