Thursday

My Last Night in South Carolina

December 8, 2010

Tonight is my last night in the Kappa Delta House. Weird. I remember moving in with such high hopes for the semester. Fall 2010 did not disappoint. Now, I am leaving with amazing memories and friends I will miss so, so much. Yesterday, I was sitting in one of my friend’s room chit chatting. When I said goodnight and went back to my room, there was a present waiting for me on my desk! My room was a mess and my desk was so cluttered that my first feeling was embarrassment because she saw my room looking like a bomb went off. Fast forward two seconds and all I felt was excitement and appreciation for one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received! Garner Leigh had bought me a leather journal just like the one she writes in (which I have been jealously eyeballing for weeks)- with sharpie pens too! How thoughtful!? But that is just how GL is- so genuinely thoughtful. The cherry on top was the note she wrote. Her note is now rightfully wedged in the front of my journal… loves it!

Earlier tonight, we all went to a dinner at Monterrays. After a cheap, spicy, and relatively delicious dinner with the whole gang- we rolled ourselves back to KD for some quality TV time downstairs. I will miss that couch… and the DVR. (CONFESSION: we went to Krispy Kreme, but bitches’ ice cream machine was busted so I couldn’t get a Donut Sundae. Buzz Kill.) After getting back to the house, I was presented with a whole picture album full of goofy, unflattering, and hilarious pictures of the Kappa Shmelts I will miss so much. I plan to bring my journal and photo album to Italy with me and proudly show all my new foreign friends just how lovely Americans can be! I will miss you Gadsden Street, stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment