Friday

Spotted: Cat's Italian Cousin



January 25,

Today, ISA scheduled a three-hour guided walking tour through Roma. We saw what seemed like a million things- the Coliseum, the Arch de Constantine, Roman Forum, etc. The Coliseum is absolutely huge and so beautiful. Our guide, Pearla (spelling?), told us a man was donating 25 million dollars to restore it and make it look like it did in its glory days. I hope this doesn't happen; I love the character of the crumbled hole on one side and the cracked arches.

I must admit my favorite part was seeing Cat's Italian cousin walking around inside the Coliseum. So cute, and just as feisty as Cat. I got a picture from about ten feet away but he wanted nothing else to do with me. Another moment worth mentioning: while walking through a square in Rome, Maggie wasn't paying attention and ran into a lady. The lady came back with a quick "f*ck you".

Later in the day, after we got home from lunch (caprese salad pizza cut in half and folded into a sandwich) and an hour-long bus tour, Maggie and Molly went back to the hotel to nap. After waking up last night at 4:30am and not being able to sleep anymore, I have learned napping is not for me... at least until I'm completely over my jet lag. Instead of napping, I took a walk around the city with my iPod. I visited the beautiful Basilica de San Pietro and lit a candle for all my friends and family back in the US and those studying abroad.

Tonight we plan on going to happy hour for wine and a light dinner at a cozy restaurant near our hotel. Rumors are also circling about an Ice Bar and Karaoke! I am a very lucky girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment