Saturday

Pâté and Dinner Pârté

Thursday, February 17

Our very first dinner party! Eek! Mrs. McCarty decided she wanted to make us a nice, homemade meal in our apartment. So, we invited the whole gang over to join! Unfortunately, Amanda and Adair couldn't make it. We missed them dearly, but the less people the more food for me. Oh haaaaaay.

In preparation for the dinner party, we cleaned the apartment, set up a bar area, and most importantly...made a playlist on my iTunes. This thing is the mac daddy of all playlists. It is stacked with 90s throw backs, party pleasing new songs, old school rap (Juicy by B.I.G. of course!), and the occasional show tune... Rent, Glee, High School Musical just to name a few.


Dinner was DELISH!

After, we went to our friend and fellow Kappa Delta sister's 21st surprise party. Caroline Poe is the sweetest, most genuine girl you will ever meet. Her surprise was so precious!

Nothing beats a dinner party, surprise party, and night out on the town in Florence.

Nothing.

Wednesday, February 16

The McCarty's are in Firenze!!! How exciting?! Our first visitors from home and what a fabulous pair they are! Our travelers also came bearing gifts... take notes all of you planning on visiting. Masks to wear on our upcoming trip to Venice for Carnival!

The three roomies, along with Mr. and Mrs. McCarty, ventured to a new small local restaurant recommend to the McCarty's by their hotel. Only a block from the Duomo, this place is very conveniently located to our apartment. Inside, the atmosphere was intimate, cozy, and inviting.

Our waiter was quick to recommend the Bruschette Miste (Mixed Bruschettas). This sounded like a fabulous idea! Four plates, each with five crostinis, were brought out to our hungry table. The first, an amazing brie with honey and almonds. The tabled dubbed this plate the king of all bruschetta samples. Second, we tasted another soft cheese with sundried tomatoes. I have a new love for sundried tomatoes so I had a grand ole time with that one. The last two plates were full of a variety of flavors and combinations: smoked salmon, creamy avocado, sausage, and... wait for it... Pâté.

Oh. My. Gawwwwwd. Gag me.

Gag me.
Gag me.
Gag me.

I threw caution to the wind and tasted the little devil only to find myself immediately regretting the decision. The earthy, musty paste tasted more like death than anything I have ever had before. It was like horrible dirt spread generously onto toast. I would HATE to be that piece of bread.

My facial expression clearly gave away my disgust because the whole table burst into laughter... especially Mrs. McCarty. She laughed so hard; tears were rolling down her cheeks.

On the brighter side of dinner, we tried pear ravioli. If you ever see this on a menu, order it! Wow. This dish has changed the game of pasta forever, and I am extremely grateful.

(P.S. Shout out to Casey Dawson and Kelly Ridgway! I miss you so much and love you dearly! Give Gadsden Street a huge hug for me! 143.)

No comments:

Post a Comment